US CERT AA20-302A Alert – Healthcare Cyber-Crime Threat Indicators – OTX Pulse Info
by Vertek Labs
Federal agencies have issued an unprecedented warning against “an increased and imminent cybercrime threat to U.S. hospitals and healthcare providers.”
The joint cybersecurity advisory was published from the Cybersecurity Infrastructure and Security Agency (CISA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) – Alert AA20-302A specifically covers Ransomware Activity Targeting the Healthcare and Public Health Sector. The alert can be found here: https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ncas/alerts/aa20-302a
Please recognize this is a critical alert and announcement that requires immediate action. Over the last 4 years the number of Ransomware, DDoS, Social Engineering and other Malware attacks on Healthcare, Public Sector and Critical Infrastructure organizations has increased significantly. The latest attacks are well orchestrated and are designed to disrupt and disable critical services.
- In an effort to support our clients, partners and the community, Vertek scrapes specific threat indicators from various sources (such as US CERT) and loads them into a Free Public Open Threat Exchange (OTX).
- Depending on your technology, these OTX threat indicators can become actionable in your environment and can provide real-time alerting against these threats.
- Below are two specific pulse examples (screenshots) that relate specifically to Alert AA20-302A.
- Below are the details on how to freely subscribe to Vertek’s public OTX pulse.
Vertek provides superior and highly responsive managed SIEM and SOC services to dozens of industries. If you are running an AlienVault SIEM and would like to connect to discuss how we can tune or optimize your platform or provide assistance to your team please reach out to us at: https://www.vertek.com/managed-cybersecurity/
OTX Pulse Info:
- Visit this link to learn how to subscribe to Vertek’s Public OTX threat feed: https://www.vertek.com/subscribe-to-verteks-public-otx-feed/
US CERT AA20-302A – Ransomware Activity Targeting the Healthcare and Public Health Sector: https://otx.alienvault.com/pulse/5f9c097788dc0c596fc4c9b7
Trickbot Anchor IOCs OTX Pulse: https://otx.alienvault.com/pulse/5eeb97f581793ed353e8e20c
June 3, 2022
January 6, 2022